Recommended for those of you who are interested in painting, particularly with oils.
Carol Marine talks about:
- how she started painting daily and began selling her work
- her choice of materials and supplies
- painting basics like color mixing, setting up a still life, choosing an attractive composition, cleaning tips, etc.
Recommended for anyone who's interested in gaining a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of design (applicable to all art mediums and platforms).
This book will teach you:
- a ton of common terms
- color theory
- the 6 principles of design
- value, space, texture, perspective, etc.
- contains lots of images and exercises per chapter
Recommended for anyone interested in character design/development.
This book includes:
- Guidelines and tips on how to create all sorts of appealing characters
- Common terms used in the industry
- Assignments to help you create a cast of characters for an imaginary film
- The author's own cast designs for the imaginary film
- Various artists' interpretations of the imaginary film's main character
- Tons of insightful images, tips, and tricks
Recommended for those of you who are interested in writing/illustrating children's books.
This book is a comprehensive guide that teaches you:
- the difference between picture books and story books
- how to write a story
- how to plan your book
- how to design and develop your illustrations
- how to make your book appealing
- how to prepare your book for printing
- how to find a book publisher, etc.
Recommended for anyone interested in drawing, regardless of your skill level.
This book includes:
- 48 insightful and easy to understand mini-lessons
- 55 specific keys to improving your drawings
- 8 self-evaluation checklists to help you gauge your progress
- Tons of images and exercises per chapter
- Lots of useful tips and tricks
Would you like me to make more videos/posts about my favorite things? Just say the word!
Let me know what you'd like to see next in the comments below or send me a message!